Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 97

Today was my taper run so I was not planning to set any records, but to my surprise when my run ended I had set three.  I ran my fastest mile, fastest 5K and fastest 10K today which was pretty cool.  My total distance was 8 miles in 73 minutes, so about an average of a 9min/mile.  It's been a fun journey getting to this spot in my training, and I am both excited and nervous for my race next week!

I was stretching before my run started today and was staring at the playground that is at the beginning of Keystone trail thinking about what my dedication should be. I was looking at the slide when my favorite little angel came to mind, Carson.  I decided that todays run was for him and all of the love he gave to so many people while he was with us.  During my run I thought about all the happy memories I have of him in my heart.  I remember the first time I saw Carson at Comeca I was amazed at how tiny he was, but also how perfectly God had made him.  It was so much fun to be able to watch Carson grow into the fun loving, dancing, mischievous, happy, silly little 4 year old he was until he was called home.

I know that technically Carson was not my nephew, but it still felt like I had lost a nephew when I got the call about what had happened.  There are so many different emotions that surround the death of a loved one, and not a whole lot that can be done to bring peace to those who are hurting besides being there for support.  I remember everyone kept thanking me for being at the service which surprised me because I would not have missed it for anything.

It's funny how God knows what you are thinking about.  I was at the very end of my 8 miles, so almost back to the playground which brought Carsons memory to mind in the first place, and when I hit 8 I was stretching facing away from the playground.  When I finished, I turned around to see a smiley, bouncy little blonde haired girl playing on the swings.  I could tell she had down syndrome and when she saw me looking at her she gave me a great big smile and blew a kiss to me, just like Carson would do.  Our God is so awesome.




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Charlene! Your PRs are exciting, and I love your thoughts and words about Carson. Made a few tears run down my cheeks!

    ReplyDelete