Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 39

What a week this has been. My long run last Saturday was probably one of the best runs of my life. I ran with my cousin Terri in Florida and we ran on this really pretty running trail close to where my aunt and uncle live. I ran 5 miles in 51 minutes and never felt winded, never had a side cramp and the thought of stopping never crossed my mind. I don't know if it was because I was so excited by new surroundings, but it was a great run. 

Monday was my short run and leg day and I ran my fastest three mile ever (27 minutes!) I also changed my lifting pattern this week. Instead of my usual 12 or 15 reps for three sets I did 5 reps for 5 sets and upped my weight by a lot. Like a lot a lot. I surprised myself multiple times during legs and also the next day with upper body by how much I can lift when I try to go heavy! 

Today was Zumba day (yay!) which also meant short fast run (boo!) but I managed to beat my record last week by running a 7 minute mile! All sorts of good things have been happening this week, I hope my luck continues tomorrow with my interview for an internship. 

1 comment: